Thursday, September 3, 2009

volunteer work

One thing I'm going to be doing this semester is volunteer work. Today I volunteered at the Alpha Women's Center. A Christian pregnancy care center located in Milwaukee. My mom goes in every Tuesday as a volunteer there. At the center today I sorted tons of baby clothes. They just got a huge donation in and needed help separating all the different sizes. The basement is filled with little clothes from newborn to age 5. But it all gets used.
FACT: There are 4 BFLW (Baptists for Life of Wisconsin) pregnancy care centers in Wisconsin.
FACT: It costs from $10-$12,000/year to operate a center staffed only with volunteers
[I didn't take my camera, so I don't have any pictures today.]

_____________

I'm heading off to Camp Fairwood for the weekend for Labor Day family camp.
Some of my favorite memories, at my favorite place. Be back Monday evening.

_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment