Tuesday, September 8, 2009

family campin'

I have returned from my extended weekend at Camp Fairwood. Family camp was excellent. Good friends, good times, good memories. I miss everyone already. It was relaxing to be a camper, after working there all summer. I didn't have any duties to perform and could simply enjoy being there. So I did. The weather was beautiful. Couldn't have been better.
Some high lights of the weekend:
Friday: arrived at camp and reunited with old friends; played Settlers of Catan.
Saturday: played ultimate frisbee; took senior pictures; played lightening after chapel; went on a wagon ride; had a coloring party in the dining hall.
Sunday: finished painting the Savor Day door; painted faces for the volley ball tournament, as well as watched the tournament; ate dill pickle chips while playing Scatagories in the dining hall at night.
Monday: got up early and sat on the dining hall porch in the sun light; actually played a fun game of slaughter ball; picnic in the pines; jumped from the tower.



The cabinet door Anders and I painted in the craft trailer.



Volley ball tournament.


The winning team and their manager.


The lovely Yoder girls.


Anders saw this spot of sap on a picnic table during lunch and thought it looked like a bust, so he drew on it to make it look like a little man. His name: Eguardo.

5 comments:

  1. This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

    You're quite the blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend. Glad I got to meet your family and spend more time with you--hope I get to see you again soon. The coloring party was one of my favorite things, and that Eguardo dude gets better and better every time I see him.

    Much love.

    PS - I think you are in trouble for jumping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jumping from what tower?
    and who is the fourth guy on the v-ball team?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jumped from the tower at the Dickinson's onto the track mats.
    Volley ball team = Dad, Joe, Tyler, Anders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. Joe. that's right. I knew that.

    ReplyDelete